Canned Tuna Ceviche: 1 Serving
• 2 tbsp minced red onion
• 1 to 1 1/2 limes
• kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 (7 oz) can chunk white albacore tuna packed in water, (5.1 oz drained)
• 1 medium seeded plum tomato, finely diced
• 2tbsp chopped cilantro
• 1 jalapeño, minced (keep seeds for spicy) or you can use pickled
• 3 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
• 1/2 medium sized avocado
In a medium bowl, combine the red onion, pinch of kosher salt, juice of 1 lime and olive oil.
Mix in the chopped cilantro, jalapeño, drained tuna, tomato, and Tabasco, if using. Taste for salt and lime juice, adjust as needed (I used 1 1/2 limes).
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 20 minutes to let the flavors blend. To serve, top with fresh sliced avocado and serve.
You can put this in a Joseph's Oat Bran Wrap for a serving a grain also.