ASPARAGUS EGG AND BACON SALAD WITH DIJON VINAIGRETTE: 1 Serving
• 1 large hard boiled egg, peeled and sliced
• 1 2/3 cups chopped asparagus
• 2 slices cooked and crumbled turkey or chicken bacon
• 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
• pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the asparagus and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until tender yet firm. Drain and run under cold water to stop it from cooking further. Set aside.
In a small bowl mix the Dijon, oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Arrange the asparagus on a plate, top with egg and bacon and drizzle with the vinaigrette