Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes
- 10-12 ounces Leftover Salmon from Herb Crusted Salmon the night before
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cooked/mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small shallots, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour (more as needed)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- In a large bowl, mix together salmon, sweet potato, eggs, garlic, shallots, jalapeño, mustard, spice and lemon until well combined. Mix in coconut flour 1 Tablespoon at a time until salmon mixture binds together.
- In a large cast iron pan or skillet, heat oil/ghee over medium heat.
- Divide salmon mixture into 8-10 cakes and flatten with hands.
- Place salmon cakes, in batches, into pan and cook 4 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve over sautéed greens or fresh spring mix with a little olive oil, fresh lemon and sea salt.